Participating in experiential learning opportunities and active learning environments are excellent methods for enhancing critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and inter-cultural competencies. Therefore, the Biology Major Office (BMO) invites students to apply to the Undergraduate Experiential Learning Award to supplement the costs associated with the spring 2020 Semester of Immersion’s hands on/field courses when other funding sources are insufficient.
In order to assure that discretionary funds from BMO benefit the largest possible cross section of biology major undergraduate students, the highest funding priority will be given to students who are:
- Accepted into one or more courses within the spring 2020 Semester of Immersion.
- Officially listed as a biology major according to the degree audit.
- Expected to graduate on or prior to Fall 2021.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA reporting.
- Have selected Semester of Immersion courses that involve extensive travel.
The Biology Major Office will provide awards up to $500 per selected awardee. These funds can be used for tuition related expenses or costs associated with the course, like airfare travel to field sites. Qualifying students may be awarded once per year the program is offered. All applications must be submitted by the due date for consideration, as the BMO cannot provide any retroactive reimbursements or assistance.
Applications must be received by Friday, October 25th at 11:59pm for review and consideration. Please contact Ms. Andrea Smith at 352-273-0116 or Biologyemail@example.com if you have any questions or need clarifications during the application process.