The main email for the Biology Fiscal Office is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountant/Manager – John Dew
Fiscal Assistant – Lelia Long
Fiscal Assistant – Claudette Coleman
OPS Fiscal Assistant – Kyra Riley
All departmental forms can be found on the Biology SharePoint at this link.
Fiscal Assistant – Representative Assignment
: A through J
Lelia Long: K through P
: Q through Z
Fiscal assignment is based on your advisor’s or supervisor’s first letter of their last name.
I am a Research Assistant in Dr. Marta Wayne’s lab, and I need to submit a Travel Authorization for an upcoming conference. Who do I contact for assistance?
Advisor/Supervisor: Dr. Marta Wayne
First Letter of Last Name: W
Proposal Processing Submission Procedures
For all proposals or funding applications, make sure the following documents are submitted to Biology’s Grants Assistant no later than 5 business days prior to the agency’s submission deadline, and 7 business days if there is cost share. (Often only forms A thru D are needed) These forms can be found at this link.
- A. DSP-1: signed by PI, Co-PI(s), and Key Personnel.
- B. Financial Conflict of Interest: signed by PI, Co-PI(s), and Key Personnel. Please note: There is a COI form specifically for NSF, and one for all other agencies.
- C. Budget & Budget Justification
- D. Project Summary/Statement of Work
- E. Letter Validating Ph.D. Candidacy (for dissertation proposals only).
- F. CLAS Cost Sharing Information and Form, if needed.
- G. Cost Sharing Commitment Letter, if needed (This is for cost sharing from outside source. It must state what’s being committed, and provide a dollar value of the worth).
- H. Current IACUC or IRB approval letter, if needed. Submission Timeline (Person submitting the proposal will be notified on the progression of the timeline)
- A. Paperwork Submitted to Grants Assistant.
- B. Grants Assistant reviews Budget, Justification, & all other paperwork.
- C. Grants Assistant sends paperwork to Biology Chair & Dean’s Office for signatures.
- D. Once both signatures are obtained, completed paperwork is forwarded to UF Proposal Processing for submission to the agency.
Grants Assistant Contact Information
Biology Grants Email: email@example.com
Biology Grants Assistant: TBD