Ph.D., Duke University, 1971
My research involves comparative anatomical and morphological studies of vascular plants, with particular emphasis on ferns, aquatic plants and vines. In the past, my work has concentrated on comparative studies of tropical and subtropical ferns (especially tree ferns), as related to their taxonomy, phylogeny and ecology. Field trips to Costa Rica, Guatemala and Venezuela have enhanced the study of these plants in their native habitat. Comparative studies on aquatic plants and vines, as correlated with ecological parameters, also are research interests.
- 1997. Carlsward, B., W.L. Stern, W. Judd and T.W. Lucansky. Comparative leaf anatomy and systematics in Deadrobium. Sections Aporum and Rhizobium (Orchidacrae). International Journal of Plant Science 158: 332-342
- 1994. Dickison, W., M. Hills, T. Lucansky and W. L. Stern. Comparative anatomy and systematics of woody Saxifragaceae. Aphanopetalum Endl. Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 114: 167-182.
- 1990. Lowell, C. and T. W. Lucansky. Vegetative anatomy and morphology of Ipomoea quamoclit (Convolvulaceae). Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 117: 232-246.
- 1988. Hils, M., W. Dickison, T. Lucansky and W. L. Stern. Comparative anatomy and systematics of woody Saxifragaceae: Tetracarpaea. American Journal of Botany 75: 1687-1700.
- 1986. Lucansky, T. W. and K. Clough. Comparative anatomy and morphology of Asclepias perennis and Asclepias tuberosa subspecies rolfsii. Botanical Gazette 147: 290-301.
- 1986. Lowell, C. and T. W. Lucansky. Vegetative anatomy and morphology of Ipomoea hederifolia (Convolvulaceae). Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 113: 382-397.
- 1985. Lucansky, T. W. Anatomical studies of Sphaeropteris and Cnemidaria (Cyatheaceae). American Fern Journal 75: 80-91.