Ph.D. University of Minnesota, 1961
- 410A Bartram Hall
- (352) 392-2499
Patterns and costs of responses to varying salinities in euryhaline teleost fishes. Organization and energetics of aquatic ecosystems.
- Nordlie, Frank G. (2011) Life-history characteristics of eleotrid fishes of the western hemisphere, and perils of life in a vanishing environment. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. DOI 10.1007/s11160-011-9229-3 (published online:12 July 2011).
- Nordlie, F.G. 2009. Environmental influences on regulation of blood plasma/serum components in teleost fishes: a review. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries.19, 481-564. DOI 10.1007/s 11160-009-9131-4.
- Elliott, M., Whitfield, A. K., Potter, I. C., Blaber, S. J. M., Cyrus, D. P., Nordlie, F. G., and Harrison T. D. 2007. The guild approach to categorizing estuarine fish assemblages: a global review. Fish and Fisheries 8, 241-268.
- Nordlie, F. G. 2006. Physicochemical environments and tolerances of cyprinodontoid fishes found in estuaries and salt marshes of eastern North America. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. 16, 51-106.
- Nordlie, F. G. 2003. Fish communities of estuarine salt marshes of eastern North America, and comparisons with temperate estuaries of other continents. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries. 13, 281-325.
- Chapman, L. J., Chapman, C. A., Nordlie, F. G., and Rosenberger, A. E. 2002. Physiological refugia: Swamps, hypoxia tolerance and maintenance of fish diversity in the Lake Victoria region. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 133A, 421-437.
- Chapman, L. J., Nordlie, F. G., and Seifert, A. 2002. Respiratory oxygen consumption among groups of Pseudcrenilabrus multicolor victoriae subjected to different oxygen concentrations during development. J. Fish Biol. 61, 242-251.
- Nordlie, F. G. 2000. Patterns of reproduction and development of selected resident teleosts of Florida salt marshes. Hydrobiologia. 434, 165-182.
- Nordlie, F. G. 2000. Salinity responses in three species of Fundulus (Teleostei: Fundulidae) from Florida salt marshes. Verh. Internat. Verein. Limnol. 27, 1276-1279.